Laboratories and instruments
The CASA facility is hosting 3 different laboratories organised around the following last generations SIMS instruments:
SwissSIMS laboratory led by Prof. Lukas Baumgartner – UNIL
Laboratory of Biological Geochemistry led by Prof. Anders Meibom – EPFL
- Two LA-ICP-MS (Quadrupole Elan 6100 DRC and Sector-field Element XR)
The Center is housed in “Geopolis” building openend in 2013, offering new laboratory rooms for our instruments as well as necessary facilities for sample preparation. All labs are virtually door to door of each other.
The UNIL-EPFL micro-analytical SIMS platform was created as a National Center of Competence opening doors to a broad range of the Swiss scientific community.
It has the following main objectives:
- Opening up the facilities to an extended user-base
- Schooling of User-base (see our “School” webpage)
- Promote User started grants
- Development of methods and standards